From Dhaval Shah <prince_mithi...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Question about Flume
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:01:41 GMT
Fair enough. I just wanted to point out that doing it via a script is going to be a million
times faster to implement compared to something like Flume (and arguably more reliable too
with no maintenance overhead). Don't get me wrong, we use Flume for our data collection as
well but our use case is real time/online data collection and Flume does the job well. So
nothing against Flume per se. I was just thinking - if a script becomes a pain down the road
how much throw away effort are we talking about here, a few minutes to a few hours at max
vs what happens if Flume becomes a pain, a few days to a few weeks of throw away work.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android