From "Giordano, Michael" <Michael.Giord...@Vistronix.com>
Subject RE: DistributedCache deprecated
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:53:22 GMT
Prav,

Thank you for the prompt answer. I see the methods on the job class and this does make sense.

Unfortunately something else has me confused. It seems as though all of the Job() constructors
have also been marked deprecated.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html

How do you create a new Job instance? Is there a factory class?

Thanks,

Mike G.

________________________________
From: praveenesh kumar <praveenesh@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:41 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: DistributedCache deprecated

@Jay - I don't know how Job class is replacing the DistributedCache class , but I remember
trying distributed cache functions like

 void   addArchiveToClassPath<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html#addArchiveToClassPath%28org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path%29>(Path<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable2/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/Path.html>
archive)
          Add an archive path to the current set of classpath entries.
 void   addCacheArchive<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html#addCacheArchive%28java.net.URI%29>(URI<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/URI.html?is-external=true>
uri)
          Add a archives to be localized
 void   addCacheFile<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html#addCacheFile%28java.net.URI%29>(URI<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/URI.html?is-external=true>
uri)
          Add a file to be localized

and it works fine. The same way you were using DC before.. Well I am not sure what would be
the best answer, but if you are trying to use DC , I was able to do it with Job class itself.

Regards
Prav

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100@gmail.com<mailto:jayunit100@gmail.com>>