From "Hansi Klose" <hansi.kl...@web.de>
Subject mapreduce.jobtracker.expire.trackers.interval no effect
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:38:47 GMT
Hi,

we want to set the heartbeat timout for a tasktracker.

If the tasktracker does not send heartbeats for 60 seconds he should
be marked as lost.

I found the parameter mapreduce.jobtracker.expire.trackers.interval
which sounds right to me.

I set

<property>
<name>mapreduce.jobtracker.expire.trackers.interval</name>
<value>60000</value>
</property>

in the mapred-site.xml on all servers and restarted the jobtracker and all tasktrackers.

I started a benchmark "hadoop jar hadoop-examples.jar randomwriter rand" and every tasktracker
gets 2 jobs.
It is a small test environment.

On one tasktracker i stopped the network. On the jobtracker i could see the "Seconds since
heartbeat"
increasing. But after 60 seconds the tasktracker was still in the overview.
Even in the log of the jobtracker I found nothing.

After over 600 seconds i found the message
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: Lost tracker .....
And the tasktracker wasn't shown any more on the jobtracker.

Isn't this the right setting?

Regards Hansi