From java8964 <java8...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Building Hadoop 1.2.1 in IntelliJ IDEA
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:50:10 GMT
The best way, I am thinking, is to try following:
1) Use the ant command line to generate eclipse file from the hadoop 1.2.1 source folder by
"ant eclipse"2) After that, you can using "import project" in IntelliJ for "Eclipse" project,
which will handle all the path correctly in Intellij for you.
Yong

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 12:32:43 +0100
Subject: Building Hadoop 1.2.1 in IntelliJ IDEA
From: frank@frankscholten.nl
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi all,

I might have found a small bug in
the CLI minicluster code on Hadoop 1.2.1 so I wanted to write a patch
and test my code inside IntelliJ.

I followed the instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopUnderIDEA. I added libraries and
source folders but I cannot build the test code of the project.

The
 problem seems to be that the package structure under src/test varies.
There are org.apache.hadoop.*  packages directly underneath it as well
as a few subfolders which themselves  have packages. Adding src/test as a
 source folder causes compilation errors for the packages under

subfolders because their package name does not match with the source folder path.

How can I configure the project in IntelliJ so I can develop and run unit tests?

Cheers,

Frank