From Karim Awara <karim.aw...@kaust.edu.sa>
Subject NO DataNode Daemon on a single node Hadoop 2.2 installation
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:05:36 GMT
Hi,

After I run start-dfs.sh, I dont get a datanode daemon. And in the log file
it generates this exception:

"java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.EOFException; Host
Details : local host is: "DELL1/127.0.1.1"; destination host is:
"localhost":9000; "

This is my /etc/hosts file:

"127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       DELL1"

And I tried putting DELL1 real ip instead of 127.0.1.1, but no use. Please
advise!

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara