From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop setup
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:09:14 GMT
In general, it is very open question and there are many possibilities
depending on your workload (e.g. CPU-bound, IO-bound etc).

If it is your first Hadoop cluster, and you do not know too much about what
types of jobs you will be running, I would recommend just to collect any
available machines that you have in your data-center (they should not be a
garage machines, though). Personally, I try to avoid buying hardware, if I
am not sure what to buy :)

If you type "hadoop hardware recommnedations" in Google, you will get many
interesting links:
e.g.
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/08/how-to-select-the-right-hardware-for-your-new-hadoop-cluster/
http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases/hadoop/9781449327279/4dot-planning-a-hadoop-cluster/id2760689