From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to corrupt a replica of a block by manually?
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 01:41:06 GMT
Hmmm.. I guess that you can try to read this file using

$ hadoop fs -cat <file-with-corrupt-replica> to detect that

When reading a file its checksums are calculated and compared to checksums
that were calculated during a write operation. If verification fails, NN is
notified about the corrupt replica and you will fetch a different replica
from another DN to read that file.