From Mitra Kaseebhotla <mitra.kaseebho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same cluster?
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 04:53:59 GMT
Agree with Chris.. We were testing multiple distributions of hadoop on the
same cluster sharing tfhe space but using different dir structure. It
shouldn't be an issue. But make sure to stop/kill  the relared java
processes of one version/distro.. If not you end up getting the 'unable to
bind port' exceptions ..

'cvml', 'pengwenwu2008@163.com');>>

'cvml', 'geelongyao@gmail.com');>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris
>>
>> You are correct.
>> When I am testing the performance of version A, I would shut-down the
>> version B
>> But I do not know whether I could install two version of hadoop at the
>> same cluster
>>

>> 2013/12/12 Chris Mawata <chris.mawata@gmail.com <javascript:_e({},
>> 'cvml', 'chris.mawata@gmail.com');>>
>>
>>>  If you are planning to take measurements when both are running they
>>> won't be representative of either one. For instance, your network could
>>> look like a bottleneck when both are running even if it could handle each
>>> one on its own. Datanodes that would have had capacity allowing local
>>> processing might not have capacity because they are servicing the other
>>> cluster etc. I would test them one at a time.
>>> Chris
>>>

>>> On 12/11/2013 6:49 AM, Geelong Yao wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Everyone
>>>

>>> Would it be possible to install two version of Hadoop on the same
>>> cluster?and running at the same time?
>>> I have installed CDH4 on my cluster,but for the test requirements we
>>> need hadoop v0.20.2 at the same time
>>>
>>> Is there any solution for my situation?
>>>

>>> BRs
>>> Geelong