From unmesha sreeveni <unmeshab...@gmail.com>
Subject Which is hdfs?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 07:22:20 GMT
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the below details

My cluster is a remote system "sree".

1. I have a "chck"  file in my /home/sree
   I did
            > hadoop fs -copFromLocal /home/sree/chck
            > hadoop fs -ls

                       -rw-r--r--   1 *sree*     supergroup         32

               *  whether chck file is now resided in hdfs?*
2.After executing wordcount in my remote system my output folder looks
like this

                    drwxr-xr-x   - *hdfs*      supergroup          0

I have a confusion -  which is *hdfs*?
The area where *chck* resided or *wcout* ?

3. Am i able to update/append "chck" file through MR job?

4.  -rw-r--r--   1 *hdfs*     supergroup         32 2013-12-03 14:27 myfile
    Am i able to update/append "myfile" file through MR job?

**I read that updation is not allowed in hdfs**

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B

*Junior Developer*