From Salman Toor <salman.t...@it.uu.se>
Subject C++ code with pipes and CLapack Libraries
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:54:20 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run my C++ code using hadoop-1.2.1. I am using pipes. The code requires to
access CLAPACK libraries. My test setup is based on single node. CLAPECK is installed on that
node. Everything compiles without any problem but the when I run a job the maper hangs first
and than failed. In the log files, there is no error messages. The only message I can see
is

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Tesk: Communication exception: org.api.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException:
JvmValidate Failed. Ignoring request from task

Without CLAPACK everything works fine.

I have also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my application.xml file

<property>
<name>mapred.child.env</name>
<value>"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib:/home/my/CLAPACK-3.2.1"</value>
</property>

But no effect. Can some please give me some hint or redirect me to some link where I can learn
how to use external libraries.

/Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD
salman.toor@it.uu.se