From Chui-Hui Chiu <cch...@tigers.lsu.edu>
Subject Cannot start Data Node and Node Manager in Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:37:44 GMT
Hello,

I tried several times but cannot get the Data Node and Node Manager started
in my Hadoop 2.2.0 cluster.  The cluster has 3 machines.  The machines are
named master, slave1, and slave2.

If I start the Name Node then Data Nodes, the Data Nodes immediately
terminate.  If I start the Data Nodes then the Name Node, the Data Nodes
immediately terminate after the Name Node starts.

I never successfully get the Node Manager started.

The followings are my configuration files.  Is there anything wrong?

===
In slaves,

slave1
slave2

===
In core-site.xml,

<property>
    <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
    <value>hdfs://master:9000</value>
  </property>

===
In hdfs-site.xml,

No change

===
In mapred-site.xml,

<property>
   <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
   <value>yarn</value>
 </property>

===
In yarn-site.xml,

  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address</name>
    <value>master:9001</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address</name>
 <value>master:9002</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.address</name>
<property>
 <name>yarn.resourcemanager.admin.address</name>
 <value>master:9004</value>

Many thanks,
Chui-hui