From Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:22:15 GMT
Alejandro,

  I am attaching my code for ApplicationMaster and Client for both the
versions of managed and unmanaged AMs here, which are basically copies of
the code that come with Distributed Shell example and modified to be able
to launch multiple AMs from a single Client.

  You can see the calls to printCurrentTimeStamp() that measures time taken
for connecting to the client from AM and also the time taken for starting
up of AM after the Client/UnmangedLauncher submits the application, i.e.
calls submitApplication().

    Here are the times measured using this code. Can you please check what
am I doing different from your code, and suggest what should I change to
reduce these times.

  Time taken for Managed AM Unmanaged AM  AM startup after submission 1.2sec
2.2sec  connecting to RM from AM 0.75sec 0.85sec

  Thanks,
Kishore

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tucu@cloudera.com>wrote:

> Krishna,
>
> Well, it all depends on your use case. In the case of Llama, Llama is a
> server that hosts multiple unmanaged AMs, thus all AMs run in the same
> process.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
> write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alejandro,
>>
>>   I don't start all the AMs from the same JVM. How can I do that? Also,
>> when I do that, that will save me time taken to get AM started, which is
>> also good to see an improvement in. Please let me know how can I do that?
>> And, would this also save me time taken for connecting from AM to the
>> Resource Manager?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kishore
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tucu@cloudera.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Krishna,
>>>
>>> Are you starting all AMs from the same JVM? Mind sharing the code you
>>> are using for your time testing?
>>>
>>> Thx

If