From "K. M. Rakibul Islam" <rakib1...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem when trying to run hadoop c++ program on Mac OSX
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:44:11 GMT
I am totally new to Hadoop. I just installed Hadoop on my Mac OSX and ran
the pi example following
this<http://blog.tundramonkey.com/2013/02/24/setting-up-hadoop-on-osx-mountain-lion>
tutorial.
Now I want to write my own simple C++ program and run that on hadoop. After
googling I could not find any good resource that gets me along the path
step by step (for Mac OSX). What I found so far is,
this<http://cs.smith.edu/dftwiki/index.php/Hadoop_Tutorial_2.2_--_Running_C++_Programs_on_Hadoop>
tutorial
which is for Unix. I understand that, I need to write a C++ program, build
that, then put the file in bin directory and then somehow run that. But I
don't know how to do these steps on Mac OSX.

Later, I am trying to follow
this<http://hadoopintouch.blogspot.ca/2012/04/write-your-first-program-in-hadoop-in-c.html>
tutorial
to accomplish my task. But in step 2, when I try to compile my
wordcount.cpp program using g++ command I get the following error:

fatal error: 'hadoop/Pipes.hh' file not found

which means I am not being able to locate the header files correctly. I
tried to find that on my Mac OSX but failed so far. I am hoping for some
help in this regard.

Basically, I need to get a way of running a simple c++ program on hadoop in
my Mac OSX.

Best Regards,

Rakib