From Ravishankar Nair <ravishankar.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Hadoop on Windows 7
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 17:08:17 GMT
All,

I have followed the BUILDING.TXT provided with the Hadoop source
distribution and built correctly the Hadoop distribution for Windows 7.

I could start dfs and yarn successfully.

However when I type the following commands:-

*Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft
Corporation.  All rights reserved.C:\Windows\System32>cd \C:\>cd
MyArchiveC:\MyArchive>cd hadoopC:\MyArchive\hadoop>cd
sbinC:\MyArchive\hadoop\sbin>start-dfs.cmdC:\MyArchive\hadoop\sbin>start-yarn.cmdstarting
yarn daemonsC:\MyArchive\hadoop\sbin>hadoop fs -copyFromLocal  ?    ?*

What should be the format for source and destination ? I tries all ways,
giving full path in Windows format and *nix format, not working. CYGWIN64
is in my path. Please help on how to run the same successfully if anyone
has done it, thanks
--
Warmest Regards,

Ravi