From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to stream the video from hdfs
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:44:48 GMT
I believe there is a FUSE mount for hdfs which will allow you to open files normally in your
streaming app rather than requiring using the jav API.

Also consider that For Media and highly available binary data for a front end I   would guess
that hdfs might be overkill because of the blocking/nn requirement..If hdfs is not required
 but you still want a hadoop compatible dfs, you could also try gluster which may be a little
better suited for read only , unblocked data for streaming from a front end.