From Nan Zhu <zhunans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamically resizing Hadoop cluster on AWS?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:29:06 GMT
Thank you very much for replying and sorry for posting on the wrong list

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
School of Computer Science,

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Jun Ping Du wrote:

> Move to @user alias.

nodes and shutdown related EC2 instances should be fine although some finished/running tasks
might need to be re-run automatically. If future, we would support gracefully decommission
(tracked by YARN-914 and MAPREDUCE-5381) so that no tasks need to be rerun in this case (but
need to wait a while).

> Thanks,
>
> Junping

the instances (if some tasks are just running on them, can I rely on the speculative execution
to re-run them on other nodes?)