From Trev Smith <trev.g.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Best practice for EC2 deployment
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:25:00 GMT
Hi all,

Could anyone direct me to a resource (or perhaps give me their own
thoughts) on best practice for deploying a robust, resilient Hadoop
(specifically CDH in this case) cluster to AWS? The data is important to us
and we expect to store it for a long time. We want to make sure we are not
impacted by outages in single availability zones and we want to implement a
sensible backup/disaster recovery plan.

We are using HBase in addition to HDFS but not Hive, at present.

Your thoughts much appreciated.

Regards,
Trevor Smith