From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: MapReduce task-worker assignment
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 21:54:18 GMT
Thanks!

From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 6:07 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: MapReduce task-worker assignment

Short version: MR provides all the info it can to (about all it's tasks locations) and the
YARN scheduler deals with providing good locality with even assignment.

I don't have a handy link to a doc, but here is an ancient version:
http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/next-generation-apache-hadoop-mapreduce-scheduler-4141.html

You might find a more recent version of one of my talks if you try really hard... *smile*

Arun

On Oct 5, 2013, at 3:12 PM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net<mailto:john.lilley@redpoint.net>>