From Raymond Tay <raymondtay1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of Art in Hadoop Log aggregation
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 05:38:33 GMT
You can try Chukwa which is part of the incubating projects under Apache. Tried it before and
liked it for aggregating logs.

On 11 Oct, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Sagar Mehta <sagarmehta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We have fairly decent sized Hadoop cluster of about 200 nodes and was wondering what
is the state of art if I want to aggregate and visualize Hadoop ecosystem logs, particularly
> Tasktracker logs
> Datanode logs
> Hbase RegionServer logs
> One way is to use something like a Flume on each node to aggregate the logs and then
use something like Kibana - http://www.elasticsearch.org/overview/kibana/ to visualize the
logs and make them searchable.

> However I don't want to write another ETL for the hadoop/hbase logs  themselves. We currently
log in to each machine individually to 'tail -F logs' when there is an hadoop problem on a
particular node.

> We want a better way to look at the hadoop logs themselves in a centralized way when
there is an issue without having to login to 100 different machines and was wondering what
is the state of are in this regard.