From "Pastrana, Rodrigo (RIS-BCT)" <Rodrigo.Pastr...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: Apache Hadoop 2.2 install and setup help
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:05:22 GMT
Hi Arun, thanks for your reply.
I actually attempted to format the namenode with the same common you provided, but apparently
in 2.2 it has been deprecated:

>"bin/hadoop namenode -format"

>DEPRECATED: Use of this script to execute hdfs command is deprecated. Instead use the
hdfs command for it.

By playing around I found I could format the namenode with the same parameters on to the hdfs
executable:

"bin/hdfs namenode -format"

Started the namenode:
"bin/hdfs namenode"

But now all bin/hdfs dfs commands fail with:
"'.': No such file or directory"

And the hdfs web interface loads, but reports this error:
"java.io.IOException: Can't browse the DFS since there are no live nodes available to redirect
to."

Seems like I haven't started a service, or misconfigured something... any ideas?

Thanks, Rodrigo.