From Boris Emelyanov <emelya...@post.km.ru>
Subject Re: CDH4.4 and HBASE-8912 issue
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:24:12 GMT

On 17.10.2013 13:43, Harsh J wrote:
> Moving touser@hbase.apache.org.
>
> HBASE-8912 is still unresolved, and 0.94.13 is just the targeted
> version presently.
>
> Are you certain this is the exact issue you're hitting? I believe you
> can workaround this by removing the specific bad znode in ZK or so.
> When starting up after your major upgrade, did you ensure cleaning
> your ZK /hbase znode?
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Boris Emelyanov<emelyanov@post.km.ru>  wrote:
>> Hello! I've just upgraded my hadoop test-cluster from cdh3 to cdh4.4 with
>> hbase-0.94.6 and have facedhttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8912
>> issue.
>>
>> Suggested solution was to update hbase to version 0.94.13, which is absent
>> in cloudera distribution.
>>
>> Is it possible to run pure hbase over cloudera hadoop?
>>
>> Or how can i find if this bug is present in previous versions of cdh?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Boris Emelyanov.
>

> Are you certain this is the exact issue you're hitting?

I gues so. Description suits just fine!

> I believe you can workaround this by removing the specific bad znode
in ZK or so.

When I disable loadbalancer just after master startup (balance_switch
false), cluster works fine.
But when loadbalancer is enabled and it starts, it allways fails with
exception described in issue, allways with different regions.

>When starting up after your major upgrade, did you ensure cleaning
your ZK /hbase znode?

Yes, of course.

--
Best regards,