From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to speed up Hadoop?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 02:38:23 GMT
I'd recommend reading Eric Sammer's "Hadoop Operations" (O'Reilly)
book. It goes over a lot of this stuff - building, monitoring, tuning,
optimizing, etc..

If your goal is just speed and quicker results, and not retention or
safety, by all means use replication factor as 1. Note that its
difficult for us to suggest configs unless you also share your
use-case (in brief) or goals. While the software is highly tunable, a
lot of tweaks depend on what you are planning to do.

--
Harsh J