From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Task status query
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:47:24 GMT
Right now its MR specific (TaskUmbilicalProtocol) - YARN doesn't have
any reusable items here yet, but there are easy to use RPC libs such
as Avro and Thrift out there that make it easy to do such things once
you define what you want in a schema/spec form.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net> wrote:
> Thanks Harsh.  Is this protocol something that is available to all AMs/tasks?  Or is
it up to each AM/task pair to develop their own protocol?
> john

to the AM and report their individual progress and counters back to it, via a specific protocol
(over the network), giving the AM more data to compute an near-accurate global progress.

--
Harsh J