From Manish Verma <manish.lifepa...@gmail.com>
Subject Calling the JobTracker from Reducer throws InvalidCredentials GSSException
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 21:13:46 GMT
I am trying to get the job tracker counters in my reducer. It works on
single node demo hadoop but fails on a real cluster where kerberos is used
for authentication.

RunningJob parentJob =
                    client.getJob(JobID.forName(
context.getConfiguration().get("mapred.job.id") ));

Counters counters = parentJob.getCounters();

The call to getCounter() API throws GSSException (No valid credentials
provided - Failed to find any kerberos tgt).

I launched this job using hadoop jar command.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Manish