From Seonyoung Park <render...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS en/decryption module
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 01:24:34 GMT
Dear all

I have implemented a HDFS en/decryption module using JCA(Java Cryptography
Architecture) to easily develop cryptographic module.
You can easily understand my code because it is implemented based on the
CompressionCodec

The en/decryption module are performed on a client side due to lack of
multiple HDFS writing.
Also the decryption module can be performed by multiple HDFS tasktrackers
in parallel.
That is, every block is processed by a map task.

The code is located at:
https://github.com/delipark/encrypted-hdfs

More detailed information can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/a/networks.cnu.ac.kr/dnlab/members/seonyoung-park/encrypted-hdfs

There are no unit tests currently implemented, but I can provide them in
the near future if necessary.

I know that there are similar approach for HDFS encryption such as
HADOOP-9331 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/hadoop-9331>.
If possible, I want to contribute to it after I understand the code
structure.

Best regards,

SY Park.