From Mark Olimpiati <markq2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: assign tasks to specific nodes
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:08:04 GMT
Hi Vinod, I had the node assignment at first but in my second email I
explained how I want to change the order of data partition execution. The
default is run tasks based on the *size *of the assigned partition to it.
Now I want to run tasks such that specific order of partitions is to be
executed.

Eg. First assume input is directory Houses/ with files {Villa, Apartment,
Room} such that file "Villa" is larger in size than "Apartments" than
"Room".

The default hadoop would run :
map1 --> Villa
map2 --> Apartment
map3 --> Room

I want to assign priorities to the *data partitions* such that Apartment=1,
Room=2, Villa=3 then the scheduler will run the following in this order:
map1 --> Apartment
map2 --> Room
map3 --> Villa

My question is that possible? Notice this is regardless of the assigned
node.
Thank you,
Mark