From Adam Muise <amu...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop on IPv6
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:48:00 GMT
I suggest you go to the mighty Google. This is not a Hadoop configuration
question, it's a web server / proxy configuration.

Starters:
http://www.progob.nl/robmaaseu/index.php/an-easy-way-to-get-ipv6-ready-on-the-outside-ipv6-to-ipv4-proxy/

and proxying with nginx
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html

Eventually Knox will help out by adding a REST/Web set of gateways for
Hadoop services:
http://knox.incubator.apache.org
For now, your web based gateway services on the cluster can be proxied and
you can still land on your gateway box with ipv6 capabilities on the
outside of the secure cluster. That gateway box would have direct ipv4
connections to the cluster services.

Cheers,

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Aji Janis <aji1705@gmail.com> wrote:

> Adam,
> Thank you for the suggestion. Could you point me to any documentation that
> can help with the configuration changes I need to make? Thanks.
>
> Aji
>

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Adam Muise <amuise@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Keep the Hadoop cluster and it's network backbone on IPv4. It should be
>> isolated from the rest of your network for security and performance reasons
>> already anyway.
>>
>> Enable IPv6 on your gateway nodes and let clients jump in for access via
>> the ipv6 network and use the cluster via ipv4 on the gateway node. You
>> could even setup a web proxy for some of the required sites using nginx or
>> your favorite proxy server. Leave the ipv6 conversion of the Hadoop cluster
>> until it is fully supported and well-tested.
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Aji Janis <aji1705@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We are moving to a IPv6 network. I know Hadoop installation says to
>>> disable IPv6. Does anyone have any suggestions for work arround? Currently,
>>> using Cloudera version 0.20.2-cdh3u5. Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> --
>> *
>> *
>> *