From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mapreduce jobtracker recover property
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 03:02:56 GMT
*mapred.jobtracker.restart.recover *is the old API, while the other one is
for new. It is used to specify whether the job should try to resume at
recovering time and when restarting. If you don't want to use it then the
default value of false is used (specified in the already packaged/bundled
config file in the distribution jars.)

https://www.inkling.com/read/hadoop-definitive-guide-tom-white-3rd/chapter-5/running-on-a-cluster

Regards,
Shahab