From Pradeep Gollakota <pradeep...@gmail.com>
Subject Help writing a YARN application
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:24:38 GMT
Hi All,

I've been trying to write a Yarn application and I'm completely lost. I'm
using Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.4.0 (Cloudera distribution). I've uploaded my
sample code to github at https://github.com/pradeepg26/sample-yarn

The problem is that my application master is exiting with a status of 1
(I'm expecting that since my code isn't complete yet). But I have no logs
that I can examine. So I'm not sure if the error I'm getting is the error
I'm expecting. I've attached the nodemanger and resourcemanager logs for
your reference as well.

How can I get started on writing YARN applications beyond the initial
tutorial?

Thanks for any help/pointers!

Pradeep