From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lifecycle dates for Apache Hadoop versions
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 05:48:07 GMT
Hi Arun,

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM, H G, Arun <arun.h-g@hp.com> wrote:
> HI
>
> Are there end of life / support dates published for Apache Hadoop versions?
> Plz direct me to a link, if there is such information.

I don't think anybody can answer this question once and for all.
Apache Hadoop is an ASF project, not a software product. As
such the longevity of every particular branch of development
is only governed by the level of interest that the community at
large has in it. For example, if there was somebody interested
in continuing development of Hadoop 0.20.x branch there would
be nothing (short of 3 PMC votes) stopping releases on that
branch.

That said, one broad observation that may be helpful to you
is that it seems that most of the community these days
seems to be investing in Hadoop 2.x codeline over anything
else.

Thanks,
Roman.