From "Kokkula, Sada" <Sadanandam.Kokk...@bnymellon.com>
Subject RE: Map JVMs not being terminated after MAP jobs complettion.
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:23:26 GMT
Did you set up the below said parameter during the process?

mapred.job.reduce.memory.mb

From: Manu Reddy [mailto:manubharghav@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 3:12 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Map JVMs not being terminated after MAP jobs complettion.

Hi,
I am running a memory intensive task on my cluster. The reducer class should load more than
2gb into memory. I was running into memory issues as the Map JVMS were not terminated after
the completion of map tasks and still were holding onto memory.
Is this normal? What can I do to ensure that my reduce function gets called only after all
the map jvms are down?

--
Manu Reddy,
mobile no: 091-8143405225,

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any
attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If
you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from
your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not
guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a
result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to
European legal entities.