From Manickam P <manicka...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: HDFS federation Configuration
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 17:50:25 GMT
Hi,
I got couple of doubts while doing this. Please help me to understand that.
How to generate or find out the the cluster id for the below step? I saw that for one node
we can format without this cluster id and we need to pass same cluster id which got generated
for the other name node while formatting or else we could not get the federated cluster. $HADOOP_PREFIX_HOME/bin/hdfs
namenode -format -clusterId <cluster_id>In my case i want to have two name nodes and
3 data nodes. Do i need to mention all the data nodes ip address in the slave files in two
name nodes?

Thanks,Manickam P

Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:02:42 -0700
Subject: Re: HDFS federation Configuration
From: suresh@hortonworks.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

I'm not able to follow the page completely.

Can you pls help me to get some clear step by step or little bit more details in the configuration
side?

Have you setup a non-federated cluster before. If you have, the page should be easy to follow.
If you have not setup a non-federated cluster before, I suggest doing so, before looking at
this document.

I think the document already has step by step instructions.I

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution,
disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. Thank You.