From Tomasz Chmielewski <man...@wpkg.org>
Subject so the master just died... now what?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 20:54:50 GMT
Just starting with hadoop and hbase, and couldn't find specific answers
in official documentation (unless I've missed the obvious).

Assuming I have three hadoop servers: h1, h2 and h3, with h1 being a
master+slave - what is a recovery scenario if the master server, h1,
died and is beyond repair (burned with all disks and got flooded)?

Do I just edit conf/masters file on any of the remaining slaves (say,
h2), make it a master, and start the NameNode and JobTracker there?

Can anyone point me to relevant documentation?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org