From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Yahoo provided hadoop tutorial having issue with eclipse configuration
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:15:33 GMT
Kiran,

hadoop-0.18 is a VERY old version (Probably 5 years old). Please consider trying out a newer
version.

You can follow these steps inside a VM to get a single node cluster running:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

HTH
Ravi.

________________________________
 From: kiran patnala <kiran4java@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2013 1:25 PM
Subject: Yahoo provided hadoop tutorial having issue with eclipse configuration

Hi,

First of all Thanks for looking at my query.

I have gone through this Yahoo tutorial from this link

http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module3.html

I have hadoop-0.18.0 in VMware given by Yahoo in the tutorial
but I had issue with configuring the Map/Reduce locations in eclipse even after following
these steps given in tutorial.

Location name: (Any descriptive name you want; e.g., "VMware server")
Map/Reduce Master Host: (The IP address printed at startup)
Map/Reduce Master Port: 9001
DFS Master Port: 9000
User name: hadoop-user
please help.