From "Botelho, Andrew" <Andrew.Bote...@emc.com>
Subject Getting HBaseStorage() to work in Pig
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:41:40 GMT
I am trying to use the function HBaseStorage() in my Pig code in order to load an HBase table
into Pig.

When I run my code, I get this error:

ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/WritableByteArrayComparable

I believe the PIG_CLASSPATH needs to be extended to include the classpath for loading HBase,
but I am not sure how to do this.  I've tried several export commands in the unix shell to
change the PIG_CLASSPATH, but nothing seems to be working.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew Botelho