From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:45:04 GMT
As we always say in Technology... it depends!

What country are you in?  That makes a difference.
How much buying power do you have?  I work for a Fortune 100 Company and we
-- absurdly -- pay about 60% off retail when we buy servers.
Are you buying a bunch at once?

You best bet is to contact 3 or 4 VAR's to get quotes.  They'll offer you
add-on services, like racking, cabling, configuring servers, etc.  You can
decide if it's worth it.

The bottom line, there is no correct answer to your question. ;)