From Manickam P <manicka...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:57:13 GMT
Hi Arun,
Thanks for your reply. Actually i've installed apache hadoop. The samples you shared looks
like hortonworks so will it work fine for me? I got a doubt on this so asking here.

Thanks,
Manickam P

From: acm@hortonworks.com
Subject: Re: Hadoop Yarn - samples
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:08:00 -0700
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Take a look at the dist-shell example in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-applications/hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell/
I recently wrote up another simplified version of it for illustration purposes here: https://github.com/hortonworks/simple-yarn-app
Arun
On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Manickam P <manickam.p@outlook.com> wrote:Hi,
I have just installed Hadoop 2.0.5 alpha version. I want to analyse how the Yarn resource
manager and node mangers works. I executed the map reduce examples but i want to execute the
samples in Yarn. Searching for that but unable to find any.  Please help me.

Thanks,
Manickam P

--Arun C. MurthyHortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution,
disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. Thank You.