From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop Clients (Hive,Pig) and Hadoop Cluster
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:11:40 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to setup a multi node hadoop cluster. I am trying to understand where hadoop clients
like (Hive,Pig,Sqoop) would be installed in the Hadoop Cluster.

Say - I have three Linux machines-

Node 1    - Master - (Name Node , Job Tracker and Secondary Name Node)
Node 2    - Slave (Task Tracker,Data Node)
Node 3    - Slave (Task Tracker,Data Node)

On which machines should I install Hive? Should it be installed or Can it be installed on
a separate machine? What user and privileges are required ?
On which machines should I install Pig? Should it be installed or Can it be installed on a
separate machine? What user and privileges are required ?
On which machines should I install Sqoop? Should it be installed or Can it be installed on
a separate machine? What user and privileges are required ?

Thanks,
Raj