From Michel Rouly <michel.ro...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Hadoop licensing question
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 15:43:29 GMT
My name is Michel Rouly. I'm working in association with the Florida
Institute of Technology <http://www.fit.edu/> and the AMALTHEA
REU<http://www.amalthea-reu.org/> on
an undergraduate research project built on top of Apache Hadoop and Mahout.

I have a quick question about the licensing requirements for this project.
All of our code is being developed under the Apache license. Do we need to
take any actions outside of citing the Apache license when releasing our
code?

One further question - what permission do we need to obtain in order to use
the Apache Hadoop logo <http://hadoop.apache.org/images/hadoop-logo.jpg> (or
a higher quality version) on research presentation materials, specifically
a poster?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best,