From Chloe Guszo <chloe.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom JoinRecordReader class
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:21:51 GMT
Hi all,

I would like some help/direction on implementing a custom join class. I
believe this is the way to address my task at hand, which is given 2
matrices in SequenceFile format, I wish to run operations on all pairs of
rows between them. The rows may not be equal in number. The actual
operations will be taken care of in Mahout.

I wrote a custom class working off of InnerJoinRecordReader and
OuterJoinRecordReader but they of course always get fed and thus return
pairs of keys that match. How can I get a return of all key pairs? Or does
this go completely against the hadoop map-reduce framework?

Thanks in advance for any input.