From Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Extra start-up overhead with hadoop-2.1.0-beta
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:08:06 GMT
Hi,

  I have been using the hadoop-2.0.1-beta release candidate and observed
that it is slower in running my simple application that runs on 2
containers. I have tried to find out which parts of it is really having
this extra overhead(compared to hadoop-2.0.4-alpha), and here is what I
found that.

1) From the point my Client has submitted the Application Master to RM, it
is taking 2  seconds extra
2) From the point my container request are set up by Application Master,
till the containers are allocated, it is taking 2 seconds extra

Is this overhead expected with the changes that went into the new version?
Or is there to improve it by changing something in configurations or so?

Thanks,
Kishore