From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 【dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir can support different NameServices】
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 18:02:46 GMT
Hello Bing,

I have not tested this configuration myself, but from reading the code it
does appear that dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir supports appending the
nameservice ID to the key, so that you can specify different directories
for different federated namenodes in a single hdfs-site.xml.

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/branch-2.0.5-alpha/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/NameNode.java#L147

Hope this helps,

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks