hadoop-mapreduce-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aditya exalter <adityaexal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Namenode automatically going to safemode with 2.1.0-beta
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:29:31 GMT
Hi Krishna,

   Can you please send screenshots of namenode web UI.

Thanks Aditya.


On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have had enough space on the disk that is used, like around 30 Gigs
>
> Thanks,
> Kishore
>
>
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Venkatarami Netla <
> venkatarami.netla@cloudwick.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> pls see the available space for NN storage directory.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>>
>> Venkat
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
>> write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  I am doing no activity on my single node cluster which is using
>>> 2.1.0-beta, and still observed that it has gone to safe mode by itself
>>> after a while. I was looking at the name node log and see many of these
>>> kinds of entries.. Can anything be interpreted from these?
>>>
>>> 2013-07-12 09:06:11,256 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Starting log segment at
>>> 561
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,290 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
>>> 9.70.137.114
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,290 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Rolling edit logs
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,290 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Ending log segment 561
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,291 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 1 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 2 SyncTimes(ms): 14
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,292 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 1 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 3 SyncTimes(ms): 15
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,293 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FileJournalManager: Finalizing edits
>>> file
>>> /tmp/hadoop-dsadm/dfs/name/current/edits_inprogress_0000000000000000561 ->
>>> /tmp/hadoop-dsadm/dfs/name/current/edits_0000000000000000561-0000000000000000562
>>> 2013-07-12 09:07:11,294 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Starting log segment at
>>> 563
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,397 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
>>> 9.70.137.114
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,398 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Rolling edit logs
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,398 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Ending log segment 563
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,399 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 2 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 2 SyncTimes(ms): 11
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,400 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 2 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 3 SyncTimes(ms): 12
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,402 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FileJournalManager: Finalizing edits
>>> file
>>> /tmp/hadoop-dsadm/dfs/name/current/edits_inprogress_0000000000000000563 ->
>>> /tmp/hadoop-dsadm/dfs/name/current/edits_0000000000000000563-0000000000000000564
>>> 2013-07-12 09:08:11,402 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Starting log segment at
>>> 565
>>> 2013-07-12 09:09:11,440 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
>>> 9.70.137.114
>>> 2013-07-12 09:09:11,440 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Rolling edit logs
>>> 2013-07-12 09:09:11,440 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Ending log segment 565
>>> 2013-07-12 09:09:11,440 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 0 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 2 SyncTimes(ms): 13
>>> 2013-07-12 09:09:11,441 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 0 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 3 SyncTimes(ms): 13
>>>
>>>
>>> And after sometime it said:
>>>
>>> 2013-07-12 11:03:19,799 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Starting log segment at
>>> 795
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,826 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
>>> 9.70.137.114
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,826 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Rolling edit logs
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,827 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Ending log segment 795
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,827 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 0 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 2 SyncTimes(ms): 12
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,827 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Number of transactions: 2
>>> Total time for transactions(ms): 0 Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
>>> 0 Number of syncs: 3 SyncTimes(ms): 12
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,829 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FileJournalManager: Finalizing edits
>>> file
>>> /tmp/hadoop-dsadm/dfs/name/current/edits_inprogress_0000000000000000795 ->
>>> /tmp/hadoop-dsadm/dfs/name/current/edits_0000000000000000795-0000000000000000796
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:19,829 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog: Starting log segment at
>>> 797
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:26,002 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeResourceChecker: Space
>>> available on volume 'null' is 0, which is below the configured reserved
>>> amount 104857600
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:26,003 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: NameNode low on
>>> available disk space. Entering safe mode.
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:26,004 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange: STATE*
>>> Safe mode is ON.
>>> Resources are low on NN. Please add or free up more resources then turn
>>> off safe mode manually.  NOTE:  If you turn off safe mode before adding
>>> resources, the NN will immediately return to safe mode..
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:31,004 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeResourceChecker: Space
>>> available on volume 'null' is 0, which is below the configured reserved
>>> amount 104857600
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:31,005 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: NameNode low on
>>> available disk space. Already in safe mode.
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:31,005 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange: STATE*
>>> Safe mode is ONResources are low on NN. Please add or free up more
>>> resources then turn off safe mode manually.  NOTE:  If you turn off safe
>>> mode before adding resources, the NN will immediately return to safe mode..
>>> 2013-07-12 11:04:36,005 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeResourceChecker: Space
>>> available on volume 'null' is 0, which is below the configured reserved
>>> amount 104857600
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kishore
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> N Venkata Rami Reddy
>> Hadoop Admin
>> Cloudwick Technologies
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message