From WangRamon <ramon_w...@hotmail.com>
Subject How does AWS know how many map/reduce slot should be configured to each EC2 instance?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 06:23:43 GMT
Hi All
We have a plan to move to Amazon AWS cloud, by doing some research i find that i can start
the map/reduce cluster in AWS with the following command:% bin/hadoop-ec2 launch-cluster test-cluster
2
The command allows me to start a cluster with required nodes(no more than 20, correct me if
i were wrong), so here comes to my questions:
1. How does AWS know how many map/reduce slot should be configured to each EC2 instance? Is
it depends on the EC2 instance type (m1.large, m1.xlarge...)?2. How it is charged? Nodes number
* price per node per hour ?3. Is each node like a single EC2 instance in my admin console?

Thanks in advance!
CheersRamon