From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Requesting containers on a specific host
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:28:28 GMT
To guarantee nodes on a specific container you need to use the whitelist feature we added recently:
Arun

On Jul 4, 2013, at 3:14 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I could get containers on specific nodes using addContainerRequest() on AMRMClient. But
there are issues with it. I have two nodes, node1 and node2 in my cluster. And, my Application
Master is trying to get 3 containers on node1, and 3 containers on node2 in that order.

> While trying to request on node1, it sometimes gives me those on node2, and vice verse.
When I get a container on a different node than the one I need, I release it and make a fresh
request. I am having to do like that forever to get a container on the node I need.

>  Though the node I am requesting has enough resources, why does it keep giving me containers
on the other node? How can I make sure I get a container on the node I want?

> Note: I am using the default scheduler, i.e. Capacity Scheduler.
>
> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Check if the hostname you are setting is the same in the RM logsā€¦
>
> On Jun 21, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>   I am trying to get container on a specific host, using setHostName(0 call on ResourceRequest,
but could not get allocated anything forever, which just works fine when I change the node
name to "*". I am working on a single node cluster, and I am giving the name of the single
node I have in my cluster.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.