From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: Requesting containers on a specific host
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 21:43:53 GMT
Arun,
I'm don't know how to interpret the release schedule from the JIRA.  It says that the patch
targets 2.1.0 and it is checked into the trunk, does that mean it is likely to be rolled into
the first Hadoop 2 GA or will it have to wait for another cycle?
Thanks,
John

From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:28 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

To guarantee nodes on a specific container you need to use the whitelist feature we added
recently:

Arun

On Jul 4, 2013, at 3:14 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com<mailto:write2kishore@gmail.com>>
wrote:

I could get containers on specific nodes using addContainerRequest() on AMRMClient. But there
are issues with it. I have two nodes, node1 and node2 in my cluster. And, my Application Master
is trying to get 3 containers on node1, and 3 containers on node2 in that order.

While trying to request on node1, it sometimes gives me those on node2, and vice verse. When
I get a container on a different node than the one I need, I release it and make a fresh request.
I am having to do like that forever to get a container on the node I need.

 Though the node I am requesting has enough resources, why does it keep giving me containers
on the other node? How can I make sure I get a container on the node I want?

Note: I am using the default scheduler, i.e. Capacity Scheduler.

Thanks,
Kishore

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com<mailto:acm@hortonworks.com>>