From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: YARN tasks and child processes
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:41:31 GMT
Devaraj,
Thanks, this is also good information.  But I was really asking if a child *process* that
was spawned by a task can persist, in addition to the data.
john

From: Devaraj k [mailto:devaraj.k@huawei.com]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 11:50 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: YARN tasks and child processes

It is possible to persist the data by YARN task, you can choose whichever place you want to
persist.
If you choose to persist in HDFS, you need to take care deleting the data after using it.
 If you choose to write in local dir, you may write the data into the nm local dirs (i.e 'yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs'
configuration) accordingly with the app id & container id, and this will be cleaned up
after the app completion.  You need to make use of this persisted data before completing the
application.

Thanks
Devaraj k