From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting mapred.task.timeout programmatically from client
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:32:20 GMT
For scheduling mechanism please take a look at oozie.

Cheers

On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:37 PM, Balamurali <balamurali102@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I configured hadoop-1.0.3, hbase-0.92.1 and hive-0.10.0 .
> Created table in HBase.Inserted records.Processing the data using Hive.
> I have to show a graph with some points ( 7 - 7 days or 12 for one year).In one day records
may include 1000 - lacks.I need to show average of these 1000 - lacks records.is there any
built in haddop mechanism to process these records fast.

> Also I need to run a hive query  or job (when we run a hive query actually a job is submitting)
in every 1 hour.Is there a scheduling mechanism in hadoop to handle thsese

> Please reply.
> Balamurali
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Eugene Koifman <ekoifman@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Than you both
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Devaraj k <devaraj.k@huawei.com> wrote:
>> > 'mapred.task.timeout' is deprecated configuration. You can use 'mapreduce.task.timeout'
property to do the same.

>> > You could set this configuration while submitting the Job using org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.setLong(String
name, long value) API from conf or JobConf.