From Seraph Imalia <ser...@eisp.co.za>
Subject Dead Node and Under Replication
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 11:44:39 GMT
Hi Guys,

How do I tell hadoop to wait longer before fixing Under-Replication when
a node dies.  Currently I have a node down which crashed, and hadoop
detected it down and is busy fixing Under-Replication.  The problem is
that the extra load required to fix replication is causing our
application not to function correctly.  I want to somehow tell hadoop to
stop fixing the Under-Replication until a non-peak time.

Is there like a timeout or a threshold setting I can set to tell hadoop
not to fix replication immediately, but rather to wait for a period of
time?  Anything will be better than doing it during a peak time.

Hadoop Version: 1.0.1
dfs.replication = 2
datanodes = 3

Regards,