From Ravi Mutyala <r...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hadoop & mahout
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 21:03:28 GMT
The code samples use hadoop 0.20.2 as i see it in pom.xml. So there is a version mismatch between
the client libs and hadoop cluster. See if you can change the dependences to 1.1.2 and see
if it builds.

On Jul 6, 2013, at 3:22 PM, Manal Helal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed hadoop 1.1.2 on 4 nodes (one is CentOS and the rest are ubuntu) and I successfully
did the word count example.

> Then I installed mahout and compiled it and defined the environment vatiable MAHOUT_HOME
>
> then the hadoop in practice repository (
> git://github.com/alexholmes/hadoop-book.git)
>
> everything in the monitors look normal, but I can not run any example: such as
>
> $bin/run.sh com.manning.hip.ch1.InvertedIndexMapReduce \
>      /tmp/file1.txt /tmp/file2.txt output
>
> and $ bin/run.sh com.manning.hip.ch9.Synthetic2DClusteringPrep test-data/ch9/synthetic.txt
syn-seq

> or all commands throw this exception,
> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$VersionMismatch: Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol
version mismatch. (client = 63, server = 61)

> all nodes use java 1.6.0-27, the centos node was 1.6.0-24 I guess but I removed it now,

> I have found thread talking about hdfs version mismatch but I used the same hadoop version
on all nodes nothing specific about hdfs, and these applications on one node only, and removed
the only difference in java version I have found,